Wellspring Church is blessed to be able to partner with Hand2Hand to deliver hope to hungry children—early childhood through high school—by mobilizing schools and churches to provide nutritious food over the weekends. For more information on Hand2Hand, you can visit their website.
What Does HAND2HAND Need?
Please keep in mind that these are going to be packed in individual bags for one student. Items purchased in bulk (ie, large jars of peanut butter) may be cheaper but they won’t be able to be opened and used for the backpacks.
PLEASE NOTE: These meal kits are carried by kindergarteners, so plastic containers are best. Glass containers can be dropped and shatter, or become too heavy for small kids to carry.
CURRENT ITEMS OF GREATEST NEED:
- 13.5 oz Canned Chicken
- Individual Cereal Cups/Boxes
- Mac and Cheese - Box or Individual
- Instant Mashed Potato Pouches
- Chicken and Broccoli RiceSides
- 14 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
- Chicken Noodle Canned Soup
- Kid Friendly Breakfast Bars or PopTarts
- Cheesy Taco Dinner Kits
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Canned Spaghetti Sauce - no glass
- Individual Meat Sticks
- Snack Size Trail Mix Packets
- 3oz Parmesean Cheese
- Chunk Light Tuna Packets
MONETARY DONATIONS ACCEPTED
Monetary Donations can be placed in the H2H envelopes in the regular offering. These tax-deductible offerings allow us to put fresher items in the bags and provide a balanced menu for the children.
How Can I Help with Hand2hand?
- Purchase SINGLE SERVING non-perishable food items on your regular shopping trip and place in the donation bins at church.
- Pack “Breakfast bags”. These consist of 2-3 breakfast items in a Ziploc™ bag. These grab-n- go bags make planning our menu and packing much easier. Great project for you family or small group!
- Write an encouraging note to each child in our program. These can be fun, with jokes and stickers, or just telling them to have a great weekend. Whatever the kids in your life would like to hear!
- Attend a community packing at a H.O.P.E. Gathering Place event in Hudsonville, Rockford, Zeeland or Caladonia. Visit www.hand2handbackpack.org/get-involved and click on H.O.P.E. Gathering Place
- Email Anne Behler if you have other ideas or would like to be more involved!