Wellspring Church is blessed to be able to partner with Hand2Hand to deliver hope to hungry children—early childhood through high school—by mobilizing schools and churches to provide nutritious food over the weekends. For more information on Hand2Hand, you can visit their website.
How Can I Help with Hand2hand?
- Purchase SINGLE SERVING non-perishable food items on your regular shopping trip and place in the donation bins at church.
- Pack “Breakfast bags”. These consist of 2-3 breakfast items in a Ziploc™ bag. These grab-n- go bags make planning our menu and packing much easier. Great project for you family or small group!
- Write an encouraging note to each child in our program. These can be fun, with jokes and stickers, or just telling them to have a great weekend. Whatever the kids in your life would like to hear!
- Attend a community packing at a H.O.P.E. Gathering Place event in Hudsonville, Rockford, Zeeland or Caladonia. Visit www.hand2handbackpack.org/get-involved and click on H.O.P.E. Gathering Place
- Email Anne Behler if you have other ideas or would like to be more involved!
community packing events
H.O.P.E. Gathering Place events take place once per month in Hudsonville, Zeeland, Rockford and Caledonia. They pack supplemental food items for churches partnering with Hand2hand. Packing takes place from 6:30-7:30. Volunteers must sign up online here. Great one time service opportunity for a family to do together!
- December 14: Rockford
- January 18: Caledonia, Zeeland, Hudsonville
- February 15: Rockford, Hudsonville
- March 15: Caledonia, Zeeland, Hudsonville
- April 19: Rockford, Hudsonville
What Does HAND2HAND Need?
Please keep in mind that these are going to be packed in individual bags for one student. Items purchased in bulk (ie, large jars of peanut butter) may be cheaper but they won’t be able to be opened and used for the backpacks.
PLEASE NOTE: These meal kits are carried by kindergarteners, so plastic containers are best. Glass containers can be dropped and shatter, or become too heavy for small kids to carry.
ITEMS OF GREATEST NEED thru FEB 4:
- Egg Noodles
- Cream of Chicken/Mushroom Soups
- Jiffy Mix
OTHER ITEMS NEEDED:
- Individual cereal
- stuffing mix
- taco shells or dinner kits
- CANNED spaghetti sauce
- canned chili
- cream of mushroom
- Velveeta cheese packets
Following items are no longer needed for the year
(Thank you for your generous donations!)
- Mac and cheese
- fruit cups
- granola bars
- oatmeal packets
- tuna fish
- canned corn and green beans
- snack crackers
MONETARY DONATIONS ACCEPTED
Monetary Donations can be placed in the H2H envelopes in the regular offering. These tax-deductible offerings allow us to put fresher items in the bags and provide a balanced menu for the children.