Wellspring Church is blessed to be able to partner with Hand2Hand to deliver hope to hungry children—early childhood through high school—by mobilizing schools and churches to provide nutritious food over the weekends. For more information on Hand2Hand, you can visit their website.
How Can I Help with Hand2hand?
- Purchase SINGLE SERVING non-perishable food items on your regular shopping trip and place in the donation bins at church.
- Pack “Breakfast bags”. These consist of 2-3 breakfast items in a Ziploc bag. These grab-n- go bags make planning our menu and packing much easier. Great project for you family or small group!
- Write an encouraging note to each child in our program. These can be fun, with jokes and stickers, or just telling them to have a great weekend. Whatever the kids in your life would like to hear!
- Attend a community packing at a H.O.P.E. Gathering Place event in Hudsonville, Rockford, Zeeland or Caladonia. Visit www.hand2handbackpack.org/get-involved and click on H.O.P.E. Gathering Place
- Email Anne Behler if you have other ideas or would like to be more involved!
community packing events
H.O.P.E. Gathering Place events take place once per month in Hudsonville, Zeeland, Rockford and Caledonia. They pack supplemental food items for churches partnering with Hand2hand. Packing takes place from 6:30-7:30. Volunteers must sign up online at http://hand2handbackpack.org/get-involved/volunteer-1/h-o-p-e-gathering-place. Great one time service opportunity for a family to do together!
- December 14: Rockford
- January 18: Caledonia, Zeeland, Hudsonville
- February 15: Rockford, Hudsonville
- March 15: Caledonia, Zeeland, Hudsonville
- April 19: Rockford, Hudsonville
What Does HAND2HAND Need?
Please keep in mind that these are going to be packed in individual bags for one student. Items purchased in bulk (ie, large jars of peanut butter) may be cheaper but they won’t be able to be opened and used for the backpacks.
- Monetary Donations (Can be placed in the H2H envelopes in the regular offering. These tax-deductible offerings allow us to put fresher items in the bags and fill in holes in the menu.
- 3oz grated Parmesan – Target*
- Canned Chili – Aldi*
- Packets of Velveeta Cheese Sauce – Walmart/Dollar Tree*
- Cream of Chicken/Mush – Aldi*
- Canned Chicken – Costco*
- Egg noodles – Dollar Tree*
- Stuffing Mix – Walmart*
- Campbells/Pace/Hormel Ready Meals or Knorr Rice Sides