Wellspring Church is blessed to be able to partner with Hand2Hand to deliver hope to hungry children—early childhood through high school—by mobilizing schools and churches to provide nutritious food over the weekends. For more information on Hand2Hand, you can visit their website.
What Does HAND2HAND Need?
Please keep in mind that these are going to be packed in individual bags for one student. Items purchased in bulk (ie, large jars of peanut butter) may be cheaper but they won’t be able to be opened and used for the backpacks.
PLEASE NOTE: These meal kits are carried by kindergarteners, so plastic containers are best. Glass containers can be dropped and shatter, or become too heavy for small kids to carry.
CURRENT ITEMS OF GREATEST NEED:
- Individual Cereal Boxes
- Canned Chicken
- Canned Spaghetti Sauce (No glass jars, please)
OTHER WAYS TO PACK A BAG:
Sample Bag #1: Approximately $4.65
- Easy Mac
- Taco Kit
- Canned chicken
- Taco shells
- Canned corn
- Prepared snack pack from H2H
- Granola bar
- Oatmeal packet
- Snack crackers
Sample Bag #2: Approximately $5
- Chicken pot pie kit (canned chicken, Jiffy cornbread mix, mixed vegetables, cream of chicken soup)
- Snack pack prepared by H2H
- Individual cereal
- Oatmeal packet
- Fruit cup
MONETARY DONATIONS ACCEPTED
Monetary Donations can be placed in the H2H envelopes in the regular offering. These tax-deductible offerings allow us to put fresher items in the bags and provide a balanced menu for the children.
How Can I Help with Hand2hand?
- Purchase SINGLE SERVING non-perishable food items on your regular shopping trip and place in the donation bins at church.
- Pack “Breakfast bags”. These consist of 2-3 breakfast items in a Ziploc™ bag. These grab-n- go bags make planning our menu and packing much easier. Great project for you family or small group!
- Write an encouraging note to each child in our program. These can be fun, with jokes and stickers, or just telling them to have a great weekend. Whatever the kids in your life would like to hear!
- Attend a community packing at a H.O.P.E. Gathering Place event in Hudsonville, Rockford, Zeeland or Caladonia. Visit www.hand2handbackpack.org/get-involved and click on H.O.P.E. Gathering Place
- Email Anne Behler if you have other ideas or would like to be more involved!