WELLSPRING CHURCH MEDIA POLICY
At Wellspring Church, we utilize photographs and video and audio recordings of our events and programs to bring life, variety and excitement to the information we provide to our members. This media is also useful in giving visitors a visual idea of what to expect when they attend Wellspring. Additionally, we would like to share these media items recorded at our various ministry activities for print and electronic promotional materials, on and off-campus.
Accordingly, participation in Wellspring Church activities implies permission for publication of any media recorded, unless a signed MEDIA IMAGES OPT-OUT FORM is on file with the church office. This applies to anyone who attends our church except children: Any child without the IMAGE PERMISSIONS AND USE FORM on file will not have their image used in any publicity. While we reserve the right to photograph and record church events, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will strive to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Any adult may complete the MEDIA IMAGES OPT-OUT FORM if they do not wish for media items in which they or their minor children are prominently featured to be used in Wellspring Church publications.
- Parents and guardians who wish to give permission for likenesses of their minor children to be used in Wellspring Church media must complete the IMAGE PERMISSIONS AND USE FORM.
- No identifying information will accompany photos, including names, addresses, email addresses, family members’ names, or schools.
- Anyone may request a particular media item which prominently features them or their minor children be removed from use by submitting a request to the church office.
- If you submit images to be used by Wellspring Church you are giving the church the right to use the photos. These images must not contain any copyrighted material without permission.
- In addition to this policy being posted to the church website, the following will be published periodically in the weekly bulletin and monthly newsletter:
“We love to share our Wellspring Church family story with others, so you’ll see a lot of photos and videos being taken and shared in many ways. If you don’t want your image to be used in our materials, please contact the church office at 616-662-8955 or by email. Parents, for a photo of your child to be used, we need your permission. Please contact us for the form, or complete the form online at wellspringcc.org/mediapolicy in lieu of signing a paper copy.”