We made it.
After a few plane rides and a trip into the mountains we were finally at our final destination. We have a small team this year consisting of John & Annie Gillette, Tim & Braden Hassenzahl, Tom & Melanie Bouws, Katie Rittenhouse, Krissy Lung and Damion and Bella Van Slyke. Travel was smooth with no issues.
Our theme this year is Christ is Our Superhero. With the verse 2nd Timothy 1:7, we are going to be showing the kids at VBS what super powers God has given us. Our main focus is on courage, faith, and self obedience.
We found ourselves constantly sharing why we are wearing our t-shirts and what we plan to do while in Honduras. Many of the people in the group had shared some stories of people noticing our shirts. Here are a few of those interactions:
- There was a young girl and her mother on our plane who said they liked our shirt and asked if we were missionaries. We said yes and the girl replied, "I want to be a missionary when I grow up."
- While picking up water at the grocery store a man walked up to our group and said, "God Bless."
- One of the people checking us in at the airport saw our shirts and professed her love for God.
- A worker at Caribou coffee told someone in our group to be blessed after reading their shirt.
- In another interaction the baggage checkout in Honduras made mention of our remembering Katie and her pink and white shirt from last year.
It is amazing to see how God was moving just on the way here. We can't wait to see what He has in-store for the rest of the week.