SMALL GROUP STUDY QUESTIONS
Here are the study questions for the book "What is the Gospel" from 9 Marks.
INTRODUCTION and CHAPTER ONE • FINDING THE GOSPEL IN THE BIBLE
- Write down in simple terms the Gospel message (at the end of this study let’s do this again, and see what we learned).
- What kinds of false or incomplete Gospels have you heard in your life?
- How central should the Gospel be in the life of Wellspring Church?
- If you were asked to show someone “the Gospel” in the Bible; where would you take them?
- To whom are all people accountable? Why is this so important?
- What is the great problem that mankind needs to deal with, above all others?
- What is God’s solution to that problem?
- Why is this good news, and why is it important to me?
CHAPTER TWO • GOD THE RIGHTEOUS CREATOR
- Do you feel as if you have a large enough view of God? Discuss.
- What are some common misconceptions that we or our friends have about the nature and Character of God?
- Read Genesis 1:26-27. What implication does this truth have on our lives?
- Are we autonomous beings? If not, who do all people answer to?
- Read Exodus 34:6-7: How many sins will God leave unpunished?
- Read Habakkuk 1:13: To what level will God execute His Justice?
CHAPTER THREE • MAN THE SINNER
- Do you view sin more like a "traffic ticket" or more like "treason". Discuss (Be honest ;-)
- Considering God's great generosity in creation, how offensive is sin?
- Read Romans 3:23 & Romans 3:10: Who is a sinner, who is good?
- Read Isaiah 59:2. Discuss.
- What is the solution to this problem?
CHAPTER FOUR • JESUS CHRIST THE SAVIOR
- When understanding/sharing the Gospel, how important is it to understand the “bad news” before we hear/share the Good news?
- Why must Jesus be fully man to save us?
- Why must Jesus be fully God to save us?
- Read Isaiah 53:4-5: How is this the heart of the Gospel?
- Read Romans 8:33:34: Discuss the power of the resurrection, and what it means for us.
CHAPTER FIVE • RESPONSE, FAITH and REPENTANCE
- What is faith? (Hint: trust)
- Read Romans 4:18-21: As a Christian, what are we having faith in Christ for? What are we believing that he will do?
- Read Acts 26:20: What is repentance?
- How can a person know if they are saved? Read Luke 6:43-45